A person whose home was set on fireplace by a lightning strike in East Dunbartonshire has advised BBC Scotland his household are “devastated”.
Frank Malcolm was watching TV together with his spouse and two kids at their residence in Woodilee when the roof burst into flames on Saturday.
They thought it was an influence minimize and solely realised the property was on fireplace when neighbours alerted them.
Mr Malcolm mentioned the injury means they’ve “misplaced the entire home”.
Footage on social media confirmed flames leaping from the roof of the property.
The Scottish Fireplace and Rescue Service was referred to as to the scene at about 17:45 on Saturday. No-one was injured.
Mr Malcolm, a surveyor, mentioned: “A neighbour knocked on the door and advised us to get out as the home was on fireplace.”
He mentioned the injury was in depth, with all the things upstairs within the property “gone”.
He added: “We have misplaced the entire home.”
The household had solely moved into the property seven months in the past and are actually staying briefly with a neighbour.
The lightning strike got here as elements of Scotland have been struck by excessive climate together with hailstorms, torrential downpours and flash flooding.