Northern has cancelled about 80 rail providers on Sunday for a second time, which been branded “outrageous”.
Companies throughout north-west England have been affected as engineering initiatives precipitated “difficulties” with practice crew scheduling.
The RMT union stated the agency was passing the “blame” whereas Larger Manchester’s deputy mayor Beverley Hughes described it as a “weekly shambles”.
Northern apologised and added about 5% of its Sunday providers have been affected.
The cancellations, which have an effect on Liverpool, Lancashire and Larger Manchester, follows related disruption on 5 August and throughout the nation on the day of the World Cup remaining.
RMT regional organiser Darren Eire stated it was “ludicrous” responsible engineering works.
“If something, that may imply they want fewer crews due to the [resulting] cancellations.
“They’re blaming everybody other than the mismanagement of the corporate.”
Northern rail’s summer season of disruption
- Greater than 165 each day practice providers have been cancelled following a chaotic timetable introduction in Could
- Companies partially resumed on the finish of July
- Earlier this month, the operator apologised after a passenger who’s disabled was advised she couldn’t journey along with her mobility scooter regardless of being bought a ticket face-to-face
- Three new strikes are additionally deliberate by Northern rail employees in a dispute concerning the position of guards, together with one over the August Financial institution Vacation weekend
Ms Hughes stated: “It’s outrageous that Northern assume it’s acceptable to maintain cancelling scores of providers on Sundays.
“It’s no technique to run a railway and folks within the North deserve higher than this.”
She stated the agency’s announcement of the cancellations late on Friday afternoon confirmed “scant regard” for rail passengers.
“Sufficient is sufficient. We’d like actual solutions and an finish to this weekly shambles.”
Companies have been amended between:
- Liverpool to Manchester Airport
- Wigan North Western – Liverpool
- Blackpool South – Colne and Blackpool – Carlisle
- Lancaster – Morecambe
- Manchester Piccadilly – Hazel Grove
- Southport – Wigan – Manchester – Blackburn
Northern stated: “Ongoing engineering initiatives have precipitated extreme difficulties across the short-notice scheduling of our practice crews.
“That is the foundation reason behind what has required us to make these deliberate cancellations to our foremost Sunday timetable.
“We’re sorry that our prospects proceed to expertise some disruption to their weekend providers.”